The policy describes:
- How Payright will collect, hold and use your personal information
- How this personal information will be used and disclosed to third parties, Payright’s related entities and credit agencies
- How you can access or update personal information with Payright, and
- If required, how you can make a complaint or enquiry relating to the use of your personal information,
How we collect, hold and use your personal information
We collect personal information from you in connection with your application with Payright. This information may include:
- Your full name, residential address, contact phone numbers, date of birth, email or other identification or verification information (electronic or otherwise);
- Financial information such as credit card and personal banking details, financial position and credit information;
- Employment details (if any) such as employer name, address and contact number; and
- Additional information such as New Zealand passport, firearms licence or drivers’ licence details or other government identifiers necessary to identify you and support your application.
Payright collects and uses information for the purposes of:
- Assessing your application and creditworthiness for a Payright loan
- Managing your accounts with Payright such as sending you notices or processing transactions or any debt collection activities where necessary;
- Promoting additional Payright products and services to you unless you advise us that you not want us to use your personal information for this purpose by selecting ‘Unsubscribe’ on any email from Payright or contacting Payright on Suite 4, Level 2, 789 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East, Melbourne, Australia, 3123, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0800 338 496.
- Customer support
- Complying with all applicable laws, including the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 (CCCFA) and the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 (AML Act).
You have a choice whether or not to supply us with the information we request (including information that we require under the CCCFA and AML Act), however if we do not receive all information that we require in connection with your application we may not be able to process your application or make available to you any Payright products or services.
If we obtain information from third parties otherwise than with your consent we will take all reasonable steps to:
- Keep you informed that we have collected the information
- Ensure that you understand the purposes for which the information collected, and
- Ensure that you understand how the information may be disclosed to third parties.
In addition to the above, we may collect information in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your device by websites which collect information about your use of those websites. Different types of cookies are used for different purposes. There are cookies that are active for a single session, for example those which are used to help you to complete your Payright application and persistent cookies which are stored on your device and help websites such as Payright remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future.
- to allocate an identification number to your Internet browser (you cannot be identified from this number;
- determining if your browser has previously visited our website and remembering your settings/preferences;
- tracking and reporting on website usage;
- identifying other pages or third parties’ websites your browser has accessed;
- personalising your experience, including your access to services that we provide on our websites. For example, providing customised content, support and advertising that may be relevant to your interests and needs;
- providing enhanced security and fraud detection.
Personal information is held by Payright and its related entities in paper (hard copy) or electronic format on our systems. Your personal information is protected by physical, electronic and policy safeguards. Where we share your information with third parties we require that those third parties abide by our policy and security requirements.
All Payright staff are required to complete procedural training on handling personal information.
Payright will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to satisfy any of the purposes for which it was obtained or to otherwise comply with law.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose information about you as required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected by our business or as required or permitted by law. We may disclose your personal information to:
- Merchants with whom we partner and from whom you purchase goods and services using a Payright loan.
- Our corporate partners, contractors or developers (such as contact centers or mail houses)
- To our related entities and their officers and employees
- To debt collection agencies
- To third parties for the purpose of verifying your identity and the information that you have provided (e.g., to confirm your employment details including salary or wages)
- Our financiers and other banks and financial institutions that provide financial services to us;
- To any assignee or potential assignee; or
- To other third parties, where such disclosure is required, authorized or compelled by law.
Some entities with which we share your information may not be located in New Zealand (for example, web and design developers located overseas and our related entities in Australia). Additionally, some of our retailers may have headquarters overseas. When asked to provide credit for a product or service from retailers such as this, we may be required to provide personal information to that retailer.
We may exchange personal information about you, including your credit worthiness and credit history with credit providers in order to assess your application or to notify them of any default you may have in relation to your account.
CRBs may use credit information they hold to respond to requests from us or other credit providers to pre screen you for direct marketing. You are entitled to opt out such pre screenings by contacting the CRB.
How you can access or update personal information with Payright
In order to access your personal information please contact Payright’s Privacy Officer on email@example.com. We will make every effort to provide you with your personal information within a reasonable time and in most cases within 20 working days of your request unless otherwise required by law.
Requests for personal information can only be made by the individual for whom the information relates to. We will make every effort to identify that you are the correct individual.
Please note that we are entitled to refuse you access to your information under New Zealand law in circumstances including where:
- Access would be unlawful;
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under a New Zealand law or a court/tribunal order; or
- Access would prejudice enforcement activities or the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
If correction of your personal information is required please contact the Payright Privacy Offer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make every practicable effort to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
How you can make a complaint or enquiry relating to the use of your personal information
We are committed to adhering to the Privacy Principles. Should you have an enquiry or wish to make a complaint about how we have accessed, used or disclosed your personal information, you are welcome to contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
We will make every practicable effort to respond to your enquiry within 7 days of receiving the enquiry or complaint. Further to this, we will endeavour to provide a successful resolution to all complaints within 30 days of our initial response. Should this not be possible, or unlawful to do so, we will contact you to advise you of the required resolution time.
Payright Privacy Officer: Payright NZ Ltd
Mail: Suite 4, Level 2, 789 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East, Melbourne, Australia, 3123
Phone: 0800 338 496